Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a truly unique offering that your employees will thank you for!
Malta is home to a modern and growing business community; with local companies in the iGaming, Crypto and FinTech sectors which service international customers, with employees living here permanently and working digitally in this ‘Mediterranean Gem’.
In fact, many of our international students are here because of work relocations and every single day, we welcome people from different cultures and countries at our extremely international academy.
Since you’ve ended up on this page, we’re assuming you probably know just a little something about BJJ, you either run a company here, or you work in a HR capacity and are looking for new employee lifestyle opportunities that your company could invest in?
Arete Brazilian Jiu Jitsu offers corporate solutions that can be adapted and catered for your team.
What is so special about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?
Firstly, why would anyone want to train BJJ? Let alone offer it to their whole company?
Well, here are five reasons (and these only scratch the surface!)
- It’s super fun – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is an addictive sport. It makes you think, it makes you sweat and it makes you want to improve. After a month of BJJ, you’ll go home after class, only to continue by watching BJJ videos on YouTube, because you just can’t get enough.
- A killer workout – Even the fittest people who start BJJ still struggle to catch their breath for the first few classes. That’s because there’s not really many sports that offer this particular kind of workout. It’s heavy on your cardio, but also builds your body strength and it would be extremely hard NOT to lose considerable weight after training consistently for a short while.
- Self-defence skills – Look, it’s best to avoid physical conflict when possible but unfortunately, it’s not always possible. Having even simple basic self-defence skills can make all the difference in protecting yourself or your loved ones in a violent situation. BJJ was developed as a fighting martial art and it’s unique in that it’s not reliant on your strength or size. Great technique wins out over raw power in this sport, and even individuals with the smallest frames can become rather effective fighters with enough years of experience.
- Transferrable skills – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a game of problem solving. Techniques are mastered on the smallest of details and this sport is a pursuit of the mind as much as it is a physical exercise. In our experience, the focus and concentration skills you will build through training do in fact carry over into other areas of your life.
- An incredible community – BJJ is one of the fastest growing sports in the world, let alone just in terms of martial arts. The community is amazing and the individuals you’ll meet on your journey will definitely impact your life in some positive way. From the local academy community, such as what we work so hard to build at Arete, to the international competition scene; when you train BJJ, you gain something in common with over 100,000 interesting people all across our planet. You’d be surprised at some of the most far reaching and isolated places where you’ll still stumble across awesome BJJ gyms!
Corporate Brazilian Jiu Jitsu packages at Arete Malta
Taking into account all of the individual benefits which students of BJJ will gain, we truly believe the sport can be a powerful tool for unlocking the full potential of your corporate team’s synergy and all-round motivation.
If your company is able to offer lifestyle benefits to employees, why don’t you think outside the box a little bit? In 2020, Silicon Valley, often considered as the home of companies that pioneer HR practices, has seen a tidal wave of BJJ activity in its world leading enterprises. From Google, Davra, Hubspot and many more; successful companies love offering BJJ, and their employees stick with it too.
Naturally, as ambassadors for this sport, we believe it’s a gift to be offered the opportunity to take your first BJJ class. Arete has an incredibly high retention of students and that is because they genuinely enjoy their experiences here and they want more. If your company offered BJJ and your employees took it up, we know that would not go unappreciated.
Instead of just investing in physical tools such as standing desks, juice bars etc. You can offer so much more through an experience which is as rewarding as BJJ. This sport is by no means the only unique offer your company can onboard, but it’s certainly one you won’t regret.
If you’re interested in discussing your corporate requirements with our team, and learning more about how we can set up a special programme adapted for your business schedule and needs, reach out to our staff today. We’d be happy to supply a custom quote and to answer any queries you have, no matter how large or small.
Frequently Asked Questions
What we mean by ‘Corporate BJJ Package’ is that we can arrange private training sessions for you and your employees. Many companies around the world are offering BJJ now as a lifestyle company benefit and option for their employees to enjoy. Taking HR to the next level!
Where do we even begin? This sport is wildly beneficial for practitioners. Your employees will enjoy it, they’ll stay fit, they’ll learn to better develop their physical and mental focus, and they get to do all of this whilst improving their team building skills and collective synergy.
Reach out to our friendly staff and let’s have a discussion about your needs. If you give us your requirements in terms of schedule, head count etc. We’ll be able to tailor a course which works for you and your team.
It really depends on your requirements. Get in touch and we’ll be able to give you a custom quote to go with your tailored package.